Friday, October 23, 2009

New trailer leaked for James Cameron's Avatar

Okay, that first trailer was a bit underwhelming. That we can probably all agree upon. Personally I dug it, but not in the way or as much as I assumed I would. So apparently next week theatrically there will be a new 3 minute and 18 second trailer.

And as you can figure out from my title, the internet as grabbed it a bit early. How is it? It makes me want that goddamned movie right now. This is somewhat more of what I was looking for in the teaser. It displays what seems to be the main plot and showcases some of the new CG technology Cameron designed for this film. Not only that, but this is the first 3D release film I've been pumped to see since "Beowulf". Granted that was a let down, but as time as passed I like it more. Mainly because I went in expecting greatness and found it a bit dull and because I wasn't impressed with the 3D. Also I love the fact that they really like the new teen audience know who the fuck James Cameron is and why he's important. This man created 'Terminator', 'Aliens', 'Terminator 2', 'True Lies' and yes his mega picture Oscar destroyer 'Titanic' and don't you forget it.

See what I speak of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhkPpcbu-Ts&feature=player_embedded

I hate that I can't place the trailer on my page and I hate that the images are at times too dark due to the shit-cam quality, but I love this trailer and I think FOX and Cameron have finally hit their promotional target.

NOTE: Probably no reviews this week. I refuse to pay actual money to watch a 'Saw' film so if anything I'll watch it online. I may not like them, but I will educate myself on them so I can bitch... bitch while informed. Aside from that possibly I'll get to see "The Hurt Locker", which has been one of the best reviewed films of the year and did great for a low release film in the summer. After that I may do some Halloween horror movie blogging for kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment