Sunday, September 27, 2009

Romero's Survival of the Dead is good?


Being the horror fan I am I can still remember my pure fury at George A. Romero's "Diary of the Dead". For those of you who never saw it and love his famous 'Dead' series including 'Night of the Living Dead', 'Dawn of the Dead', 'Day of the Dead' and 'Land of the Dead', 'Diary of the Dead' is the one that deserves nothing less then to be blown out of a cannon and stomped on by fourth graders who wouldn't even find that shit scary. I was even a fan of 'Land of the Dead', it had problems, but it was fun. So the whole idea of 'Survival of the Dead' or really any other 'Dead' made Romero movie didn't have be too excited.

However right now in Austin, TX (the capital of all things I seem to find cool) Fantastic Fest is going on and Romero's new flick was screened. And according to Ain't it Cool News reporter Quint, it's quite an improvement. I'll post the link below and say that Quint seems to think the same as I did about 'Diary...' and says this one does in fact work, although it's not his best work. He also reminds us that just because Romero IS a legendary horror filmmaker, his career has had ups and a whole lot of downs. Check out the review.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42514

No comments:

Post a Comment